Monday, September 29, 2008

Relationships are a mystery to me, too

So I went to the mall last weekend to get the latest Cindy Gerard [got it, read it, loved it]. As I am wont to do I looked to see if the store carried my book. They didn’t. In fact, this is a conversation I had with one of the clerks:

Me: I couldn’t help noticing that you don’t have a Gay/Lesbian Fiction section, do you?

Clerk: No. But those kinds of books are in with Relationships.

Me: Really? Even the mysteries?

Clerk: [blank look]

She was so completely baffled that I didn’t press the issue. Poor woman. I think I might have done something irreversible to her view of the literary world. Gay and lesbian mysteries? Who would have thought?

1 comment:

Debby (Deborah Turrell) Atkinson said...

Nadja, We miss you! Tons! I noticed you're working full time, plus I know your kids are a full time job. Keep writing full time, too--the world awaits your next thriller.