Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Homophobia at its best

I’m heartbroken.

My little guy had a playdate with his very best friend scheduled for later this week. Today I received an e-mail telling me that the playdate is off. His friend’s mom followed the link in my e-mail signature and discovered that we have vastly different outlooks on life and the world we live in. She wrote a very polite e-mail saying, among other things, that she wasn’t going to interfere in our son’s friendship, but that she didn’t want my little guy at her house.

Ouch.

Now how do you tell a five-year-old that he’s become the victim of homophobia?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that is just awful, and so sad for the little guy!

jessewave said...

Wow Nadja
I can't believe this. So this kid's mother is afraid that your son would somehow tarnish the spit and polish of her son's mind? What a world we live in.