Sunday, May 21, 2006

Movie Weekend

I took my eldest to see Over the Hedge yesterday. We laughed and giggled and had a good time. Very cute movie. Excellent family movie.

Then today, by a stroke of luck, I found myself without the kids. My first thought was something along the lines of “okay, what the heck am I going to do with all this free time.” Luckily, my brain immediately had an idea and I ran off to watch The Da Vinci Code. Yes, I meant “ran off,” because I only had ten minutes to make it to the theater. I made it in time, thanks to green traffic lights all the day.

Now I have not read Dan Brown’s book, so I cannot say anything about the quality of the adaptation. I enjoyed the movie. It was not fast paced, and I have heard that as a criticism. Since it’s not an action movie, though, I don’t mind the slower pace.

It was nice to see Jean Reno and Jurgen Prochnow (a fellow German) on the big screen again.

Next weekend: X-Men! (I’m still incredibly disappointed that there won’t be a Remy LeBeau in the movie. I’m a big Gambit fan. Sigh)



PS. Yes, tomorrow, Monday, I am going to start writng again.

No comments: