Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday blues

It’s Sunday. Whoohoo. Not that that actually means anything to me. I’m a mom. There’s no such thing as the weekend when you’re a mom. Yesterday, I took the kids to the zoo. That was fun. We like to go to the zoo. They have a great playground!

Today, we’re being lazy. But I need to finish my latest Sherrilyn Kenyon, Seize The Night. I need to pick up Operation Word Count Increase, but I’m having trouble with motivation and discipline. It’s almost as if I didn’t want to jinx THE PROTECTOR’s last chance by working on it while Seventh Window considers the query. That’s an excuse, of course. And a stupid one at that.

Well, since there is nothing on TV that could possibly tempt me to watch, I guess chances are good I am going to work on that word count tonight.

There is so much I want to get done. I also need to work on a short story for Forbidden Fruit magazine. I e-mailed Fiona with the suggestion to have an urban fantasy edition, and she talked it over with her other editors and they liked the idea. Now I need a short story I can submit. Tolya, the were-leopard, and Randolph, the were-wolf, here I am come.

Eventually I should probably watch the shows and episodes I have saved on the DVR. I came across an interesting show on the Military Channel: The Best Ranger, an annual ranger competition at Ft Benning, GA. Made me think of Mason immediately. I’m still mulling over whether to give him an honorable or dishonorable discharge from the Army.

Words of wisdom for the coming week:

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

No comments: