Thursday, June 07, 2007

I’m in court today

HPD officers arrested someone in possession of my cancelled driver’s license. Unfortunately, none of my other stolen belongings were among the things the police recovered (I had to go to HPD headquarters to look through the stuff they found). Bummer.

Then yesterday, I received my subpoena, and today I’m going to testify at a preliminary hearing.

In a way, this is very exciting. Just a few weeks ago, at the SinC HI meeting, I met Assistant U.S. Attorney Ron Johnson. He was a great guest speaker (very approachable and very informative). At the time I thought I might go to a court hearing one day just to see how it’s done.

Well, today, I’m going to court. Not only do I get to see how it’s done, but I am part of it (a very small part, I assure you).

No comments: