Before you rejoice on our behalf, let me tell you that the promotion lists come out in September. If Patrick is selected to become a Sergeant Major, he will have to attend the Sergeant Majors Academy in Texas. Since this course/class takes about 9 to 10 months (not sure exactly, sorry), the Army considers it necessary to move the entire family. So we’d all be moving to the Lone Star state (and then a few months later to our new permanent duty station).
In other words: despite our extension until August 2008, we could be out of here much earlier than that.
Things I want to do before we leave:
- buy kayak and/or surfboard and learn how to properly use it
- take diving classes with the husband (there’s nothing like the fear of drowning to bond over)
- see Manoa Falls and swim under it
- visit Maui (for only $9!; I love this airline price war)
- visit Kaui again
- go horseback riding on the beach
- finish book 2
- make new friends, since all of the old ones moved on this week (the downside of being an Army-family with Army-family friends)
- take chance of the beautiful weather and join an al fresco yoga class or a swim club
- save money to buy an original, made-in Hawaii Hawaiian quilt
Bonus: celebrate 14 years of marriage with a date at Sam Choy's restaurant